Chuyển đến nội dung chính

Sisterhood Everlasting

Sisterhood Everlasting
written by Ann Brashares



I read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants religiously when I was younger, and found myself massively disappointed by the 4th book.  I was apprehensive about what this look into their future lives would hold!  I think the reason this series and these four girls are so compelling is because we see parts of ourselves reflected in all of the girls, in different amounts.  I know this book hasn't had the most positive reception, and I can definitely understand why, but for me, it was a cathartic read.  We get to see these already-established characters we've grown to love, and it might not be the look we expected, but they still retain their core selves, in different ways.  Some of the story is repetitive.  Some of the story is predictable.  Some of the plot twists will make you cry, will make you want to throw the books and sent hate mail to the author, but in the end, everything comes together and the pay off is worth all of the gut-wrenching emotions.

I got this book from...:PaperBackSwap

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

The Omen of Stones Cover Reveal with Casey L Bond.

Title: The Omen of Stones Author: Casey L. Bond Genre: YA Fantasy Editor: Stacy Sanford/ The Girl with the Red Pen Cover Designer: Melissa Stevens/ The Illustrated Author Design Services Publication Date: March 13 th , 2020 Hosted by: Lady Amber’s PR Blurb: Spirit and Stone. Song and Sky. Fate and Future all align. On my seventeenth birthday, I finally heard Fate’s voice. He whispered to me again and again, insisting I find the Omen of Stones. Having never heard of such lore, I thought I could ignore his pleas. The Summer Solstice proved otherwise. Being surrounded by fellow witches worked my magic up into a powerful swell that crashed and churned within me. As the energy crackled through my veins, I shunned my royal duties to follow the call of my heart. Venturing beyond the safety of the Kingdom’s borders, I felt Fate nudging me toward a destiny I was eager to claim. Confidence in my craft blinded me from the ominous clouds of danger that roiled on the horizon. Captured by purists de...

SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET by Courtney Giardina Release Week Blitz

I am so excited that SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET by Courtney Giardina is available now and that I get to share the news! If you haven’t yet heard about this wonderful book by Author Courtney Giardina, be sure to check out all the details below. This blitz also includes a giveaway for a $25 Starbucks Gift Card and signed finished copies of SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET AND BEHIND THE STRINGS, courtesy of Courtney and Rockstar Book Tours. So if you’d like a chance to win, enter in the Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post. About The Book: Title: SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET (Behind the Strings Book 2) Author: Courtney Giardina Pub. Date: February 4, 2020 Publisher: Courtney Giardina Formats: Paperback, eBook Pages: 135 Find it:  Goodreads ,  Amazon , Kindle When Celia Westbrooke was forced to face her past in the heart of Music City, she didn’t expect to find Jesse Rockford tangled up in the middle of it. Jesse’s blue eyes swept her into a ...

Hellion by Shannon McKenna blitz with Xpresso Book Tours.

Hellion Shannon McKenna (The Hellbound Brotherhood, #1) Publication date: February 7th 2020 Genres: Adult, Romance, Thriller Find out why New York Times bestseller Maya Banks hails McKenna’s books as “A nonstop thrill ride…” He’s a ticking bomb… Eric Trask is counting the days before he blasts out of Shaw’s Crossing forever. He and his brothers were raised at GodsAcre, a mysterious doomsday cult deep in the mountains, and are the only survivors of the deadly fire that destroyed it. The townspeople see them as time bombs just waiting to blow, but Eric’s going to prove those bastards wrong. He’s an ex-Marine, fresh off a tour in Afghanistan, working three jobs and barely sleeping. Utterly unprepared for Demi Vaughan’s dazzling green eyes, lush pink lips and sexy curves. She’s the town princess…he’s a dangerous outcast. It was a sure recipe for disaster. But the closer he gets to Demi, the more impossible it is to resist… Forbidden fruit is the sweetest… Demi Vaughan has big plans for lif...