Chuyển đến nội dung chính

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge ( Day 2 )

See my response to challenge #1 HERE

2. What's your bedtime reading ritual?

I don't really have a set ritual. Of course I always want to read before going to bed. But that doesn't always work out. 

Sometimes the book bores me 
and I get sidetracked by the TV show playing in the background ( most recently that has been Tudors. ) 

I can't always read before bed. Sometimes I'm just plain exhausted. After work and chores and trying to wrap my brain around everything else in my life. I just crash. 



Sometimes I don't even want to read * GASP * Did I just say that!?
My guy and I have TV shows we watch together, sometimes we just watch until we fall asleep. Fallen Skies, Amazing Race, Master Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Big Bang Theory. The list goes on. Since my Guy is not a big bookworm like me, I enjoy getting to cuddle up with him after a long day and just watch TV till I fall asleep. 

.. Sometimes he falls asleep before, I turn off the TV, Pull out my book and try to turn the pages super quietly ;) 

Back when I was still living with my parents I would challenge myself. See how many books I could finish in one night! Many a night was spent reading, then listening for my Dad's footsteps... and rushing to click off my light quietly so I wouldn't get in trouble. 

Basically my reading schedule is a bit like my explanation.  It's not set. It's jumbled and all over the place. 

But oh.. those nights when I can curl up in bed with a book in my hand.. a cup of hot cocoa on my nightstand, a cozy blanket wrapped around me and the sound of a good storm outside my window? I dream of those nights. They don't happen often enough. 


So there it is. My Bedtime Reading Routine, that is in no way " routine". What's yours? Tell me in the comments, or create your own post! Be sure to link up @ Goodbooksandgoodwine.com !

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

The Omen of Stones Cover Reveal with Casey L Bond.

Title: The Omen of Stones Author: Casey L. Bond Genre: YA Fantasy Editor: Stacy Sanford/ The Girl with the Red Pen Cover Designer: Melissa Stevens/ The Illustrated Author Design Services Publication Date: March 13 th , 2020 Hosted by: Lady Amber’s PR Blurb: Spirit and Stone. Song and Sky. Fate and Future all align. On my seventeenth birthday, I finally heard Fate’s voice. He whispered to me again and again, insisting I find the Omen of Stones. Having never heard of such lore, I thought I could ignore his pleas. The Summer Solstice proved otherwise. Being surrounded by fellow witches worked my magic up into a powerful swell that crashed and churned within me. As the energy crackled through my veins, I shunned my royal duties to follow the call of my heart. Venturing beyond the safety of the Kingdom’s borders, I felt Fate nudging me toward a destiny I was eager to claim. Confidence in my craft blinded me from the ominous clouds of danger that roiled on the horizon. Captured by purists de...

SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET by Courtney Giardina Release Week Blitz

I am so excited that SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET by Courtney Giardina is available now and that I get to share the news! If you haven’t yet heard about this wonderful book by Author Courtney Giardina, be sure to check out all the details below. This blitz also includes a giveaway for a $25 Starbucks Gift Card and signed finished copies of SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET AND BEHIND THE STRINGS, courtesy of Courtney and Rockstar Book Tours. So if you’d like a chance to win, enter in the Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post. About The Book: Title: SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET (Behind the Strings Book 2) Author: Courtney Giardina Pub. Date: February 4, 2020 Publisher: Courtney Giardina Formats: Paperback, eBook Pages: 135 Find it:  Goodreads ,  Amazon , Kindle When Celia Westbrooke was forced to face her past in the heart of Music City, she didn’t expect to find Jesse Rockford tangled up in the middle of it. Jesse’s blue eyes swept her into a ...

Hellion by Shannon McKenna blitz with Xpresso Book Tours.

Hellion Shannon McKenna (The Hellbound Brotherhood, #1) Publication date: February 7th 2020 Genres: Adult, Romance, Thriller Find out why New York Times bestseller Maya Banks hails McKenna’s books as “A nonstop thrill ride…” He’s a ticking bomb… Eric Trask is counting the days before he blasts out of Shaw’s Crossing forever. He and his brothers were raised at GodsAcre, a mysterious doomsday cult deep in the mountains, and are the only survivors of the deadly fire that destroyed it. The townspeople see them as time bombs just waiting to blow, but Eric’s going to prove those bastards wrong. He’s an ex-Marine, fresh off a tour in Afghanistan, working three jobs and barely sleeping. Utterly unprepared for Demi Vaughan’s dazzling green eyes, lush pink lips and sexy curves. She’s the town princess…he’s a dangerous outcast. It was a sure recipe for disaster. But the closer he gets to Demi, the more impossible it is to resist… Forbidden fruit is the sweetest… Demi Vaughan has big plans for lif...