Chuyển đến nội dung chính

15 Day Book Blogging Challenge ( Day 4 )


4. What's the last book you flung across the room?

I've never really been a thrower. Oh I have imagined it many a time, but I could never actually do it! 

Here are some of the different ways I react to books ( When I am not happy ) 

A. Dissapointment: When A book is simply letting me down and not living up to it's potential I close the book ( or the cover on my nook ) , set my hand on top of it, and shake my head sadly. 



D. The Lover's cry: When a couple should be together, but isn't. Or Shouldn't be, but is. I Hold my hands out and just sob a little.. * why... why.... WHY?* 



C. Heartbroken: Now we are near the top of my wrung. When the author does something to their characters that is just... devastating.  Kiera Cass was the last one to do this to me. A Scene in The Elite with one of my favorite characters. I just... I couldn't believe what was happening. 

The Book Sits in my hands, still open. I stare at my walls, trying to understand... what...just...happened. I'm Broken. 

( Seriously guys... this is sad David Tennant standing in the rain... 
FEEL MY PAIN ) 

D. The Rage: I read something that cannot possibly be true. A character has done something so despicable - or the author had someone do something to a MC- So heinous. I grip the book tightly, it cuts into my hand as I raise it high * cue dramatic music getting louder and louder * I imagine it soaring through the air! Heating the satisfying * CRACK* as it hits the wall and then falls to it's doom!

But it never leaves my hands. If anything, the worst I have done is toss it to the end of my bed, cross my arms while seething, and stare it down. Then I give in. Pick it back up, and read until it makes me happy again.   



Have you thrown a book across the room, or at least imagined it? What was it?! Share in the comments or make a post of your own! Be sure to link it up @ goodbooksandgoodwine.com

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

The Omen of Stones Cover Reveal with Casey L Bond.

Title: The Omen of Stones Author: Casey L. Bond Genre: YA Fantasy Editor: Stacy Sanford/ The Girl with the Red Pen Cover Designer: Melissa Stevens/ The Illustrated Author Design Services Publication Date: March 13 th , 2020 Hosted by: Lady Amber’s PR Blurb: Spirit and Stone. Song and Sky. Fate and Future all align. On my seventeenth birthday, I finally heard Fate’s voice. He whispered to me again and again, insisting I find the Omen of Stones. Having never heard of such lore, I thought I could ignore his pleas. The Summer Solstice proved otherwise. Being surrounded by fellow witches worked my magic up into a powerful swell that crashed and churned within me. As the energy crackled through my veins, I shunned my royal duties to follow the call of my heart. Venturing beyond the safety of the Kingdom’s borders, I felt Fate nudging me toward a destiny I was eager to claim. Confidence in my craft blinded me from the ominous clouds of danger that roiled on the horizon. Captured by purists de...

SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET by Courtney Giardina Release Week Blitz

I am so excited that SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET by Courtney Giardina is available now and that I get to share the news! If you haven’t yet heard about this wonderful book by Author Courtney Giardina, be sure to check out all the details below. This blitz also includes a giveaway for a $25 Starbucks Gift Card and signed finished copies of SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET AND BEHIND THE STRINGS, courtesy of Courtney and Rockstar Book Tours. So if you’d like a chance to win, enter in the Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post. About The Book: Title: SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET (Behind the Strings Book 2) Author: Courtney Giardina Pub. Date: February 4, 2020 Publisher: Courtney Giardina Formats: Paperback, eBook Pages: 135 Find it:  Goodreads ,  Amazon , Kindle When Celia Westbrooke was forced to face her past in the heart of Music City, she didn’t expect to find Jesse Rockford tangled up in the middle of it. Jesse’s blue eyes swept her into a ...

Hellion by Shannon McKenna blitz with Xpresso Book Tours.

Hellion Shannon McKenna (The Hellbound Brotherhood, #1) Publication date: February 7th 2020 Genres: Adult, Romance, Thriller Find out why New York Times bestseller Maya Banks hails McKenna’s books as “A nonstop thrill ride…” He’s a ticking bomb… Eric Trask is counting the days before he blasts out of Shaw’s Crossing forever. He and his brothers were raised at GodsAcre, a mysterious doomsday cult deep in the mountains, and are the only survivors of the deadly fire that destroyed it. The townspeople see them as time bombs just waiting to blow, but Eric’s going to prove those bastards wrong. He’s an ex-Marine, fresh off a tour in Afghanistan, working three jobs and barely sleeping. Utterly unprepared for Demi Vaughan’s dazzling green eyes, lush pink lips and sexy curves. She’s the town princess…he’s a dangerous outcast. It was a sure recipe for disaster. But the closer he gets to Demi, the more impossible it is to resist… Forbidden fruit is the sweetest… Demi Vaughan has big plans for lif...