Chuyển đến nội dung chính

Scarlet ( Lunar Chronicles #2 )


Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2)
by Marissa Meyer

Hardcover, 452 pages
Published February 5th 2013 by Feiwel and Friends 


 The fates of Cinder and Scarlet collide as a Lunar threat spreads across the Earth...

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.
 Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.

 
Let me start off by doing what I wish I had the courage to do in person when I saw Marissa Meyer at 2 book signing events. * Bows * Also- I am totally picturing myself wearing a long red cape and doing a cool cape swooshing bow. Nerd and proud!

I had no fear that I wouldn't love Scarlet. I mean seriously. First she gives us a cyborg Cinderella, the swoon worthy Kai and ever amusing Iko. Now in Scarlet we not only get those characters, but a kick ass Red Riding Hood and not one... but TWO drool worthy new men, Captain Thorne and Wolf. Of course these characters have much more to them them being drool worthy.. but I mean.. really. * drool * I'm such a girl sometimes. 

Scarlet starts off where Cinder ends, But readers should be prepared to not get as much face time with Cinder's characters. The POV in Scarlet alternates. But the voice of the two MC's ( Cinder and Scarlet ) are so different and strong that it didn't bother me at all, unlike many other books with multiple POV's. 

If other readers are anything like me, they will continue to love meyer's writing style and the way she weaves the fairy tale aspects into the story with a futuristic flair. Scarlet is a perfect blend of fairy tale magic/ sci fy with romantic moments, and exciting action scenes. 

I spent the half the book wondering how the two girls were going to meet up, and when it finally happens it was brilliant. Scarlet is kinda a.. fly by the seat of her pants kinda gal, it was hard to tell what she was going to do next! I loved that I never knew exactly how it was all going to play out. 

I can't say enough how much I LOVED Scarlet. Meyer has created a series that I am prepared to read multiple times. I have even gone so far as to buy a ebook copy of both so that I can keep my pretty Signed Hardbacks in pristine condition! And no, I do not think that is overkill. 

Have I explained my obsession enough yet? 

Scarlet almost has a companion novel feel to it, but is in fact a continuation of the Lunar Chronicles series. So I beg you, Read #1 Cinder first! And then come back and gush in my comments about how much you loved it ;) 

I tend to keep my Book #2 reviews as short and sweet as possible, While I want you to all understand my thoughts, my ups and downs and thoughts on characters, I also always worry about giving too much away! So please feel free to tweet me @ya_bookworm07 if you want me to go more into detail, or just want to have some bookish chats!

Rating : 5/5


 

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

The Omen of Stones Cover Reveal with Casey L Bond.

Title: The Omen of Stones Author: Casey L. Bond Genre: YA Fantasy Editor: Stacy Sanford/ The Girl with the Red Pen Cover Designer: Melissa Stevens/ The Illustrated Author Design Services Publication Date: March 13 th , 2020 Hosted by: Lady Amber’s PR Blurb: Spirit and Stone. Song and Sky. Fate and Future all align. On my seventeenth birthday, I finally heard Fate’s voice. He whispered to me again and again, insisting I find the Omen of Stones. Having never heard of such lore, I thought I could ignore his pleas. The Summer Solstice proved otherwise. Being surrounded by fellow witches worked my magic up into a powerful swell that crashed and churned within me. As the energy crackled through my veins, I shunned my royal duties to follow the call of my heart. Venturing beyond the safety of the Kingdom’s borders, I felt Fate nudging me toward a destiny I was eager to claim. Confidence in my craft blinded me from the ominous clouds of danger that roiled on the horizon. Captured by purists de...

SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET by Courtney Giardina Release Week Blitz

I am so excited that SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET by Courtney Giardina is available now and that I get to share the news! If you haven’t yet heard about this wonderful book by Author Courtney Giardina, be sure to check out all the details below. This blitz also includes a giveaway for a $25 Starbucks Gift Card and signed finished copies of SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET AND BEHIND THE STRINGS, courtesy of Courtney and Rockstar Book Tours. So if you’d like a chance to win, enter in the Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post. About The Book: Title: SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET (Behind the Strings Book 2) Author: Courtney Giardina Pub. Date: February 4, 2020 Publisher: Courtney Giardina Formats: Paperback, eBook Pages: 135 Find it:  Goodreads ,  Amazon , Kindle When Celia Westbrooke was forced to face her past in the heart of Music City, she didn’t expect to find Jesse Rockford tangled up in the middle of it. Jesse’s blue eyes swept her into a ...

Hellion by Shannon McKenna blitz with Xpresso Book Tours.

Hellion Shannon McKenna (The Hellbound Brotherhood, #1) Publication date: February 7th 2020 Genres: Adult, Romance, Thriller Find out why New York Times bestseller Maya Banks hails McKenna’s books as “A nonstop thrill ride…” He’s a ticking bomb… Eric Trask is counting the days before he blasts out of Shaw’s Crossing forever. He and his brothers were raised at GodsAcre, a mysterious doomsday cult deep in the mountains, and are the only survivors of the deadly fire that destroyed it. The townspeople see them as time bombs just waiting to blow, but Eric’s going to prove those bastards wrong. He’s an ex-Marine, fresh off a tour in Afghanistan, working three jobs and barely sleeping. Utterly unprepared for Demi Vaughan’s dazzling green eyes, lush pink lips and sexy curves. She’s the town princess…he’s a dangerous outcast. It was a sure recipe for disaster. But the closer he gets to Demi, the more impossible it is to resist… Forbidden fruit is the sweetest… Demi Vaughan has big plans for lif...