Chuyển đến nội dung chính

Review: Barbie Girl - Heidi Acosta



Barbie Girl (Baby Doll, #1)

Review: Barbie Girl - Book #1 Baby Doll Series - Heidi Acosta - November 2012
This is a book that I have had on my kindle for years and I brought it originally as I loved the cover. Barbie Girl by Heidi Acosta is an Edgy YA novel and shows readers not to judge others by what they look like on the exterior as in this book we have two female leads Barbie and Katie. Barbie is the girl from the wrong side of the tracks, she looks rough and there are always rumors about her flying around that she has done drugs and sleeps around whereas Katie gets the perfect grades, has a good family and looks wholesome and clean as she is saving herself supposedly for marriage. The truth is though that these girls couldn't be as different from the facade they put out. Barbie is failing in maths and so she gets a tutor - Dylan whom they were friends in second grade. As the book goes along, Dylan agrees to help Barbie on the condition she can help make Katie fall in love with him. Barbie agrees as she needs to pass so she can make a life out of the trailer park for her autistic brother and herself. I loved this part as some of Barbie's stories resonated with my own upbringing including having a sibling with autism. During the book though Dylan starts to have feelings for Barbie, she won't let him in and he gets jealous as Barbie is becoming good friends with Dylan's BFF Third. I have to say I hated Dylan's character as he judged too much whereas his best friend actually got to see the real Barbie and her family and accepted her for who she really was. This was a good edgy YA Novel filled with angst and showed us that beautiful on the outside doesn't necessarily mean you are beautiful and a nice person on the inside aka Don't judge a book by its cover.



Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

The Omen of Stones Cover Reveal with Casey L Bond.

Title: The Omen of Stones Author: Casey L. Bond Genre: YA Fantasy Editor: Stacy Sanford/ The Girl with the Red Pen Cover Designer: Melissa Stevens/ The Illustrated Author Design Services Publication Date: March 13 th , 2020 Hosted by: Lady Amber’s PR Blurb: Spirit and Stone. Song and Sky. Fate and Future all align. On my seventeenth birthday, I finally heard Fate’s voice. He whispered to me again and again, insisting I find the Omen of Stones. Having never heard of such lore, I thought I could ignore his pleas. The Summer Solstice proved otherwise. Being surrounded by fellow witches worked my magic up into a powerful swell that crashed and churned within me. As the energy crackled through my veins, I shunned my royal duties to follow the call of my heart. Venturing beyond the safety of the Kingdom’s borders, I felt Fate nudging me toward a destiny I was eager to claim. Confidence in my craft blinded me from the ominous clouds of danger that roiled on the horizon. Captured by purists de...

SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET by Courtney Giardina Release Week Blitz

I am so excited that SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET by Courtney Giardina is available now and that I get to share the news! If you haven’t yet heard about this wonderful book by Author Courtney Giardina, be sure to check out all the details below. This blitz also includes a giveaway for a $25 Starbucks Gift Card and signed finished copies of SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET AND BEHIND THE STRINGS, courtesy of Courtney and Rockstar Book Tours. So if you’d like a chance to win, enter in the Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post. About The Book: Title: SLOW DANCING ON MAIN STREET (Behind the Strings Book 2) Author: Courtney Giardina Pub. Date: February 4, 2020 Publisher: Courtney Giardina Formats: Paperback, eBook Pages: 135 Find it:  Goodreads ,  Amazon , Kindle When Celia Westbrooke was forced to face her past in the heart of Music City, she didn’t expect to find Jesse Rockford tangled up in the middle of it. Jesse’s blue eyes swept her into a ...

Hellion by Shannon McKenna blitz with Xpresso Book Tours.

Hellion Shannon McKenna (The Hellbound Brotherhood, #1) Publication date: February 7th 2020 Genres: Adult, Romance, Thriller Find out why New York Times bestseller Maya Banks hails McKenna’s books as “A nonstop thrill ride…” He’s a ticking bomb… Eric Trask is counting the days before he blasts out of Shaw’s Crossing forever. He and his brothers were raised at GodsAcre, a mysterious doomsday cult deep in the mountains, and are the only survivors of the deadly fire that destroyed it. The townspeople see them as time bombs just waiting to blow, but Eric’s going to prove those bastards wrong. He’s an ex-Marine, fresh off a tour in Afghanistan, working three jobs and barely sleeping. Utterly unprepared for Demi Vaughan’s dazzling green eyes, lush pink lips and sexy curves. She’s the town princess…he’s a dangerous outcast. It was a sure recipe for disaster. But the closer he gets to Demi, the more impossible it is to resist… Forbidden fruit is the sweetest… Demi Vaughan has big plans for lif...